Number blurred out to protect the not so innocent.
Solution: Put the harasser on speaker phone and have a room full of people laugh at everything they say. Wonderful.
anybody read this?
i didn’t pick it to read right nownah i totes had a change mind so yeah i am reading it, but some input would be kind of nice because, well, it seems a tad odd
the way it’s set up
it was mentioned quite a few times in my internet perusing, and a lot of people were talking about how long/hard (i’ve been reading for 7 months…) of a read it is so of course i had to buy it
and i mean, it’s a big book, gotta be at least 500 pages (i didn’t check) but
let me show you
any input you can give me on what i’m getting myself into here would be cool
This is the best book i have ever read, it took months to read it and i couldnt even finish it the second time round, i seriously recomend it though
This book is the bomb. It is awesome. It is terrifying. I haven’t yet had the leisure to just read the bloody thing start to finish, but it’s one of those books that you’re reading all haha this isn’t scary and then you look up and the walls are closing in around you and your hallway may or may not be there it might be stretching it might be shrinking it might be nice to close that door now. I went to the 7-11 to get a snack in the middle of reading this book. All the shelves had been rearranged. Nothing was where I left it. It scared the shit out of me, I had to take some very deep breaths here. And you would know why if you read this book, which could be catalogued as ‘architectural horror’.
Marjane Satrapi, who is (in my humble opinion) a complete bad-ass.
BUT THE ACTING HERE. BECAUSE HE’S DIGORY. AND HE BUILT THAT WARDROBE. WITH THE WOOD FROM THE TREE HE PLANTED. AND SO HE KNOWS IT’S NARNIA. HE’S WAITED HIS WHOLE LIFE, AND HE’S PROBABLY GIVEN UP AND SHOVED THAT HOPE AWAY IN THE BACK OF HIS MIND AND SUDDENLY THESE FOUR CHILDREN SHOW UP AND THEY FIND IT.
Fun fact: CS Lewis based the professor on JRR Tolkien. Tolkien in turn based Treebeard on CS Lewis.
that is a very fun fact yes
September Book Photo Challenge Day 14: Didn’t Finish
>|< Dragonfly by Frederic S. Durbin
On paper, I should have adored this book. Dragonfly? Dark fantasy? Halloween? Neat cover? Yes, please!
As Hallowe’en draws near, 10-year-old Bridget Anne, nicknamed Dragonfly, hears unearthly noises drifting up from the basement of her Uncle Henry’s funeral home. Impetuously jumping down a laundry chute to satisfy her curiosity, Dragonfly finds herself in the subterranean land of Harvest Moon, where morning never comes, where autumn leaves never desert the trees — for it is constantly Hallowe’en night. Threading her way through this perilous realm of monsters, vampires, werewolves, and worse, Dragonfly must find a way to rescue the human children imprisoned by Harvest Moon’s dark masters — and to thwart an invasion of the surface world.
Primarily for adults, Dragonfly may also be enjoyed by precocious younger readers. It is written in celebration of the wonder, nostalgia, and eerie delight of childhood Hallowe’ens, when jack-o’-lanterns flicker and things go bump in the night.
I feel certain the author can’t have written this synopsis—it is absolutely not a “celebration of…childhood Hallowe’ens.” Does it have some of those elements? Sure. But it’s just this side of preachy, with Bible quotes and an underlying tone of “non-Christian things are bad, mmkay?” It positively rankled. I was determined to go back and finish, since I try to finish every book. Buuut it’s been four years, so I don’t think that’s going to happen.
September Book Photo Challenge Day 13: I Can’t Wait for This
>|< Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater (October 28, 2014)
I can’t believe that 1,500 of you lovely people want to follow me!!! So, to celebrate and to thank you all, I’m going to buy one of you a book! These books are all books I’ve read and adored in this past year. I hope you love them as much as I did!
Here are the rules:
- Likes and Re-blogs count. No spamming please!
- You must be following me. (This giveaway is about thanking my followers after all)
- No giveaway blogs! (i will check!)
- You must be willing to give me your address. I’ll need somewhere to ship them! But I promise this information will not be used to stalk you. :P
- Your ask box must be open so that I can contact you if you win. If you do not reply within 48 hours I will move on to the next winner.
- I will also ask the winner to make a post about the book once it arrives so that I can make sure it has gotten to you safely. :D (tag me in it please so I can find it!)
- By random number generator, One winner will be chosen to pick One (paperback) book.
- The winner will be able to chose any of the books listed above. If the book is in a series, the winner may chose any of the books in that series. They are not limited to the book pictured.
- This is an international giveaway, but I will be using the book depository, so make sure your country is listed on their page.
- This giveaway ends on September 27th.
- If you have any questions direct them here.
Good luck everyone!